Those who are tasked with the responsibility of evaluating talent may overlook an early bloomer’s need to develop and fine-tune necessary skills to compete at a higher level because this athlete may be the biggest and most developed at the time.
It’s the ‘big’ youngster who dominates on the rugby pitch, until the younger, late bloomers get older, bigger and faster. Historically in Little League baseball the youngster who possesses the strongest arm, tends to be placed in the position of pitcher. However, if he doesn’t develop, learn how to pitch and keep progressing, he will soon find other players have surpassed him.
This is why your profile on Sportpholeo should include as much information as possible so scouts and coaches will have a good idea of your current abilities as well as your ability to improve over time. Don’t rely on others to promote you. Do it yourself!
but you can't put a radar gun to a player's heart or head.
Professional scouts and clubs receive thousands of letters, photos and videos from aspiring players who see this contact as an investment in their future. Tryout camps are conducted by some clubs so they can have a better idea of available talent. Serious players try to attend as many tryout camps as possible, but are restrained by time, money and location.
Some parents take their child to several different clubs each week night in the belief that if their young one does more of a particular sport they are going to get better and possibly be noticed by a professional scout or club. However, it doesn’t always work like that. Most of the time, players fall under the bias of the coach or scout. If a scout or coach does not like a particular player for one reason or another, that player may be overlooked. You must stick with it!
6th round pick
7th round pick
13th round pick
62nd round pick
60th (the final) pick
King of the Late Bloomers
- Ask the Professionals questions and receive answers
- Receive and store valuable resources from professionals
- Chat one-to-one with professional players and coaches
- Receive notifications whenever a professional uploads a resource to the Sportpholeo Resource Board
- Talk with and receive advice from players within your sport
- Have your videos analyzed by professional players and coaches
Young athletes need quality coaching at a young age. If you do not learn proper techniques and sport mechanics at a young age, it will be difficult to play at a high level when you get older.
If you’re an early bloomer, don’t rely on your current ability. Apply yourself to learning more and honing your skills. Seek out those who are qualified to push you to the next level. Surround yourself with those who are playing at a higher level than you, so you can grow.
If you are a late bloomer, don’t discredit yourself or lose interest because you are playing a sport where others are bigger and more talented than you at this point. Listen to coaches, seek help from experienced players, see how the pros do it, and practice. When you’re finished practicing – practice some more. Most importantly, learn proper mechanics at an early age. In order to make it to the “Big Time” you must be; fit, have proper mechanics, and know your sport.
- Provide information about yourself, your sport, your talents, what club you are associated with, your statistics, and more
- Upload photos and videos so scouts and clubs can see you in action
- Store photos and videos in a searchable library. Make photos and videos private, viewable only by specific people, or allow them to be viewed by everyone
- Invite and communicate with friends and other members of the Sportpholeo Community
- Unlimited text messaging
- Receive notifications whenever someone; views your profile, places you on a watchlist, sends out valuable resources, and more.
- Create your personal watch list and be alerted whenever someone on your list updates their profile
- Video analysis from a professional (1 FREE with purchase of a 3)
- Access to Professional players, coaches, clubs, universities and even a sports psychologist
- Access to ‘Ask the Professional’ within your sport
- The ability to promote yourself to Professional scouts, clubs and Universities.
One of our goals is to involve players of all ages and nationalities in a global effort help each other.
- The Sportpholeo App includes a share feature which allows you to take and quickly upload a video of your practice or game performance, while you are currently playing and send it out to; your friends, your teammates, your watchlist, the entire community within your sport, a specific professional or coach, or to the Sportpholeo Professional coach, to ask for assistance. This means, you may receive helpful hints from a variety of players and coaches who are located throughout the world. This feature is included and you can use it at any time.
- Allows you to take a video and immediately upload it to your Profile page
- Update your profile without having to login to your computer
- Receive updates and notifications, remotely
- Immediately sync everything to your profile page
- Unlimited text messaging